ABC News reports on a new attack vector targeted at broadband routers / acces points : Drive-By Pharming. This attack has one of the most devastating potential we’ve seen this year and I would rate it as very high impact. Maybe not as massive as the Universal PDF XSS Vulnerability , but still raises a few big question marks about web applications’ security. C’mon, directly altering my router’s DNS settings ? How scary is that … Here is an ABC News quote on the subject :
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback. Print This Post
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Tuesday, February 20th, 2007 . Tagged with:
Previous Post: Blind SQL Injection Tool : sqlmap »
Next Post: PHP vs. PHP. Live bugs every day during March »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- How to Protect Your Business Network from Phishing Attacks
- Animated Presentation on Sony PSN Hack
- ArcSight Tip #1 – arcsight managersetup notification test
- I’m a CISSP
- Operation:Payback or Social Vendetta is Here
- I got owned by Malware Destructor 2011 Virus
- New Downtime Cost Calculator by Storagepipe.com. What if ?
- Securing Your Network from Web Threats
- My Twitter Notes on 2010-07-25
- New NetWitness Visualize : Welcome To The Future!