BackTrack is the most Top rated linux live distribution focused on penetration testing. The long-awaited (~5 months) tool has reached it’s Version 2.0 final stage. There are a lot of changes since the last Version as mentioned on the Changelog. To name just a few :
- We included a bunch of new drivers into the latest release and where able to make the desired packet injection functionalities to a wider audience.
- By supporting the new ALFA USB hi-power devices there is now a great USB wireless dongle available which allows us to connect an external antenna and use BackTrack to attack even on my Intel Macbook or VMware
- Even broadcom 43xx based cards should be able to inject – a bit sloppy but should work.
- The following drivers are now on our CD:
- madwifi-ng (Patched for Injection)
- hostap (Patched for Injection)
- prism54 (Patched for Injection)
- bcm43xx (Patched for Injection)
- rtl8180 (Patched for Injection)
- rtl8187 (Patched for Injection)
- ipw2200 (Patched for Injection)
- rt2570 (ASPj’s Drivers)
Get yours at http://www.remote-exploit.org
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback. Print This Post
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, March 7th, 2007 . Tagged with:
Previous Post: Month of PHP Bugs – Day 5 »
Next Post: Month of PHP Bugs – Day 6 »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- How to Protect Your Business Network from Phishing Attacks
- Animated Presentation on Sony PSN Hack
- ArcSight Tip #1 – arcsight managersetup notification test
- I’m a CISSP
- Operation:Payback or Social Vendetta is Here
- I got owned by Malware Destructor 2011 Virus
- New Downtime Cost Calculator by Storagepipe.com. What if ?
- Securing Your Network from Web Threats
- My Twitter Notes on 2010-07-25
- New NetWitness Visualize : Welcome To The Future!