Given the large install base of WordPress blogging platform, I imagine that this vulnerability wil be massively exploited in the following days / weeks.
The vendor has issued a new version (2.0.2) which fixes the problems. Because I couldn’t find an extensive description of the bug, I tracked the SVN commit log and this is the code that changed between release 12811 and 12812 :
If you are using this plugin (very useful plugin I might say), you are advised to either install the latest version or disable it in WordPress plugins section.
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Read Comment (1) or Leave A Trackback. Print This Post
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Tuesday, May 15th, 2007 . Tagged with:
Previous Post: Domain blocking with OpenDNS – Free URL Filtering ? »
Next Post: Biggest Identity Theft Incidents During May 7 – 15 »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- How to Protect Your Business Network from Phishing Attacks
- Animated Presentation on Sony PSN Hack
- ArcSight Tip #1 – arcsight managersetup notification test
- I’m a CISSP
- Operation:Payback or Social Vendetta is Here
- I got owned by Malware Destructor 2011 Virus
- New Downtime Cost Calculator by Storagepipe.com. What if ?
- Securing Your Network from Web Threats
- My Twitter Notes on 2010-07-25
- New NetWitness Visualize : Welcome To The Future!