ENISA, the European Network and Information Security Agency together with the International Telecommunication Union, is launching a new portal for IT security standards, for the first time giving Europe one, single access point for IT security standards.
One of the objectives of this security standards portal named "ICT Security Standards Roadmap" is to provide a central tracking facility for NIS standards. It facilitates identification of standards and standardization activities, as well as coordination among standardization bodies, reduction of duplicate work and easier identification of existing gaps.
The Roadmap is in five parts:
- Part 1: ICT Standards Development Organizations and Their Work
- Part 2: Approved ICT Security Standards
- Part 3: Security standards under development
- Part 4: Future needs and proposed new security standards
- Part 5: Best practices
In order to use the Security Standards Database, a link is provided either to the standard itself or to the source of the standard because some organizations make their standards freely available while other organizations charge for their standards.
The security standards portal is hosted by ITU-T at
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback. Print This Post
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Friday, June 8th, 2007 . Tagged with:
Previous Post: BBpress XSS vulnerability »
Next Post: NuFW 2.2 – An Authenticating Firewall »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- How to Protect Your Business Network from Phishing Attacks
- Animated Presentation on Sony PSN Hack
- ArcSight Tip #1 – arcsight managersetup notification test
- I’m a CISSP
- Operation:Payback or Social Vendetta is Here
- I got owned by Malware Destructor 2011 Virus
- New Downtime Cost Calculator by Storagepipe.com. What if ?
- Securing Your Network from Web Threats
- My Twitter Notes on 2010-07-25
- New NetWitness Visualize : Welcome To The Future!