Today I had a chance to read the “PCI DSS Made Easy” whitepaper released by GFI. Being a QSAP auditor myself, I was curious to see how does GFI play the game of PCI compliance. It was a good read !
I found the structure of the paper to be very helpful for the reader, even though it’s a vendor supplied arcticle and the marketing lion must take it’s share .
There are 4 essential sequences which raise awarness and try to answer the most important questions about PCI Compliance :
- What is the Payment Card Industry (PCI) directive?
- Why is it important for your business to comply?
- What are the consequences of not complying?
- What solutions does GFI provide to help you meet PCI requirements?
Companies are constantly at risk of losing sensitive cardholder data. Such a loss will result in fines, legal action and bad publicity. This will in turn lead to loss in business. Achieving compliance to the PCI Data Security Standard should be high on the agenda of organizations who carry out business transactions involving the use of credit cards.
I would recommend the article to anyone who’s interested in getting a solid overview of the PCI DSS and also it’s interesting to see how GFI can help you address multiple sections in 9 of the 12 PCI requirements.
Download free PDF : PCI DSS Made Easy
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback. Print This Post
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, July 18th, 2007 . Tagged with:
Previous Post: USB Switchblade – the silent killer »
Next Post: Lemon – Google’s own Web Security Fuzzer »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- How to Protect Your Business Network from Phishing Attacks
- Animated Presentation on Sony PSN Hack
- ArcSight Tip #1 – arcsight managersetup notification test
- I’m a CISSP
- Operation:Payback or Social Vendetta is Here
- I got owned by Malware Destructor 2011 Virus
- New Downtime Cost Calculator by Storagepipe.com. What if ?
- Securing Your Network from Web Threats
- My Twitter Notes on 2010-07-25
- New NetWitness Visualize : Welcome To The Future!