If you run your blog on WordPress 2.5.1 or higher , you might be interested in a new security plugin called WordPress Exploit Scanner . I find it very easy to use an also very useful because it has already detected a malicious comment on my blog which was already tagged as spam by Akismet ; – lucky for me I guess .
From it’s creators:
This WordPress plugin searches the files on your site for a few known strings sometimes used by hackers, and lists them with code fragments taken from the files. It also makes a few checks of the database, looking at the active_plugins blog option, the comments table, and the posts table.
So go and get your WordPress Exploit Scanner plugin for free !
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Read Comment (1) or Leave A Trackback. Print This Post
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, July 9th, 2008 . Tagged with:
Previous Post: Phishing Exposed, Brands Secured »
Next Post: Solera Networks Deep-Packet Capture Review »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- How to Protect Your Business Network from Phishing Attacks
- Animated Presentation on Sony PSN Hack
- ArcSight Tip #1 – arcsight managersetup notification test
- I’m a CISSP
- Operation:Payback or Social Vendetta is Here
- I got owned by Malware Destructor 2011 Virus
- New Downtime Cost Calculator by Storagepipe.com. What if ?
- Securing Your Network from Web Threats
- My Twitter Notes on 2010-07-25
- New NetWitness Visualize : Welcome To The Future!