Tip #1 – careful what address you set as ArcSight Manager sender.
So, today's tip is about managersetup command. After you've set the notification details for the Whine daemon, the config script tests the outgoing email setup. All ok except the fact that this script will send a test email to the same email address set as notification sender and it will ignore all destination addresses you've set. I have the SMTP pcap capture to prove it.
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback. Print This Post
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, May 11th, 2011 . Tagged with:
Previous Post: I’m a CISSP »
Next Post: Animated Presentation on Sony PSN Hack »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- How to Protect Your Business Network from Phishing Attacks
- Animated Presentation on Sony PSN Hack
- ArcSight Tip #1 – arcsight managersetup notification test
- I’m a CISSP
- Operation:Payback or Social Vendetta is Here
- I got owned by Malware Destructor 2011 Virus
- New Downtime Cost Calculator by Storagepipe.com. What if ?
- Securing Your Network from Web Threats
- My Twitter Notes on 2010-07-25
- New NetWitness Visualize : Welcome To The Future!